Laws related to NRI divorce

Laws related to NRI divorce.
  • If both the spouses are Indians and have been married under Hindu marriage Act of 1955 they can seek divorce with mutual consent under section 13-b that provides for divorce by mutual consent.
  • If both the spouses are residing in USA, or any other foreign country, then they can seek divorce by mutual consent under the country’s divorce laws related to foreign marriages. The Indian legal system will recognize the divorce only if it is with the consent of both the parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment